With more than 800 million active users around the world including some 165 million in the United States,Facebook has grown exponentially and revolutionized how humans communicate and interact. But what does it offer accountants and other financial professionals?
This self-study course cuts through all the hype and provides a concise and practical introduction to Facebook. In plain English, the online session explains user basics such as how to register and control your privacy, the pros and cons of Facebook, how accounting organizations are using the service across the US and all over the globe, and how you can leverage Facebook to boost your own accounting practice.
Who Should Purchase
Practitioners at all levels regardless of practice concentration who use the Internet in their professional and personal life (and who doesnít?). This course is especially relevant for accountants who are responsible for recruitment, business development and brand promotion (and who isnít?) Facebook is a game-changer in these key areas, and transforming how accounting organizations communicate and interact, externally and internally, throughout their entire business chain.
- Practical introduction to Facebook
- Key pros and cons of the service
- How to set up a profile and fan page
- How Leading brands and accounting organizations are using the service all over the globe
- How to leverage Facebook to boost your accounting practice
- Access dozens of leading data visualization and infographics resources.
- Open a Facebook account and complete a Facebook profile.
- Manage a Facebook fan page
- Analyze how leading brands are leveraging Facebook in their business.
- Appraise how accountants and other financial professionals are using Facebook in their operations.
- Employ resources and plug-ins to enhance their Facebook experience.
NASBA Field of Study
Specialized Knowledge and Applications (3 hours)